The conference invites contributions to research sessions, interactive panels and roundtable discussions as well as poster sessions and demonstrations on various aspects related to the advancement of the SDGs.
Suggested topics for submission under the overarching conference general theme include, but are not limited to:
- SDGs as drivers for innovation and sustainable solutions
- Key leadership capabilities for the implementation of the SDGs and the related leadership development challenges and opportunities
- Theoretical research to improve our understanding of the responsible leadership for the advancement of the SDGs
- Applied research aimed at creating solutions and direct impact
- Specific challenges, solutions and opportunities in different socio-economic contexts
- Aligning curricula and research to create impact on leadership development for the advancement of the SDGs
- SDGs and leadership development related research as an opportunity to engage students
- SDGs and leadership development through the eyes, needs and expectations of the Millennials
- Executive education and leadership development for the advancement of the SDGs
- Leadership development to support entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship and the advancement of SDGs
- Leadership development and management education to support public institutions and administration in advancing SDGs
- Leadership development and the ICT for the SDGs
- Cross-cutting SDG: Implications for management research and leadership development
- Partnerships and dialogue to facilitate and foster responsible leadership development and the advancement of the SDGs
- Knowledge sharing and publishing
- Teaching and learning methodologies
There are two ways to contribute to the conference:
- To submit, promote and organize conference tracks and session proposals
- To submit direct contributions
Direct submissions can be:
- Theoretical and applied research papers (in the form of full academic papers, extended abstracts, work in progress and research proposals)
- Poster presentations
- Open engagement sessions
Please follow the guidelines given in the call for submissions.
All submissions by July 31, 2018
Authors will be notified by August 15, 2018
Your work will only be considered for publication if the respective submission has not been previously published elsewhere. Authors will be notified after the conference if their work was selected for publication in the conference book. Authors of full academic papers need to individually hand in their contributions for a special issue with the journal publisher.
Conference Book: After the conference, a conference book will be issued together with the publisher Springer. This book will include selected practitioner presentations and full academic papers.
Journal Articles: We are honoured to announce a Special Issue in the International Journal of Management Education (IJME), with the following topic: “Looking forward: Leadership Development & Responsible Management Education for advancing the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”. The deadline for submissions to this special issue is the 11th of January 2019.
To view more information on the special issue, please click here.