We invite proposals for papers, panels, and workshops, or alternative forms of engagement on a wide range of topics related to responsible leadership. Additionally, we look forward to receiving proposals that focus on topics which affect all fields of the social sciences, not just business and economics. Please note that only full academic papers are subject to a double blind review process and should thus not contain any author identifying information.
Topics may include, but are not limited, to:
- Sustainable Business Transformation
- Responsible Leadership
- Social Innovation
- Systemic Thinking
- Trust & Responsibility
- Positive Impact
- Change Management
- Innovation in Leadership Education & Training
- Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship
- Creativity & Design
- Innovation Management
- Digitalization & Technology
- Social Engineering
- Clean Water, Air and Land
- Business Model Innovation
- Responsible Research & Publishing
Contributions are currently accepted in the following five categories to choose from during the submission process and should be aligned to our general conference Style Guide:
- Full Academic Paper (approx. 6000 words)
- Interactive Session (roundtable & alternative forms of engagement) (approx. 500 – 3000 words)
- Practitioner Presentation (approx. 600 words, open format), e.g. business solution or current challenge (pitch presentation followed by barcamp discussion)
- Poster presentation / Exhibition (approx. 600 words)
- PhD Workshop (please kindly refer to the Information below)
Submit your contribution online
Please note that this is the registration for the homepage only. You can get your conference ticket on Eventbrite.
Online submission starts: March 12, 2018
Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2018
Authors notified by: August 1, 2018
Your original work can be considered for publication in case the respective submissions have not been published elsewhere. Authors will be notified after the conference that their work has been selected for publication in the conference proceedings and books. Authors of full academic papers need to hand in their contribution to a special issue with the journal publisher individually.
The published record of the conference including selected: Poster and Interactive Session
Several books will be published together with the publisher Springer including selected: Practitioner Presentation and Full Academic Paper
We plan to offer several Special Issues with collaborating journals. Respective calls will be updated in October for Full Academic Paper
Call for Reviewers
In order to organize a high quality and intellectually stimulating conference in Cologne, we need engagement of our participants. The chairs and the scientific committee rely on your expertise, knowledge, and commitment to ensure that we are able to offer a program that addresses relevant topics, with an interdisciplinary focus. We hope to be able to count on your support and would like to invite you to register as a reviewer for the 8th International Conference on Sustainability and Responsibility.
To do so, please kindly write an email with the subject “Call for Reviewers” to email@example.com. Additionally, please indicate your fields of expertise in this respective email to facilitate matching papers.
As part of the 8th International Conference on Sustainability& Responsibility, a doctoral workshop will take place. The workshop offers PhD students the opportunity to present their work and to discuss it with renowned experts from the field.
The Workshop will be held on Friday, November 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cologne Business School (CBS). It will consist of three parts:
- Paper session: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Poster session: 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Paper session: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
During the first paper session, groups of three, each consisting of two PhD students and one faculty member, will discuss two submissions (one hour per paper). Each PhD student is expected to comment on his or her fellow student’s submission as well and thus needs to read and work through the other paper of his/her session. The second paper session will proceed identically, just with reshuffled groups.
During the poster session, all participants will have the opportunity to learn about several PhD projects as summarized on the posters. There will also be refreshments and snacks.
The workshop will be facilitated by: Philipp Schreck, Ingo Pies (both Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg) and René Schmidpeter (Cologne Business School).
We welcome submissions in the domains of Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, and Business Ethics. There is no restriction on the research method, you may submit conceptual/theoretical as well as empirical work of any kind (archival, survey, experimental, qualitative).
Please choose between one of the following two submission types:
- Full manuscripts (30 pages text maximum): If you have a paper ready for submission to a journal, you may submit the manuscript and we will discuss its strengths and weaknesses, and ways to improve it on the way to submission. Please prepare your submission in accordance with the AMJ Style Guide.
- Extended Abstracts: If you haven’t finished a full manuscript, yet, you may submit an extended abstract describing the objectives and methods of your project. Please restrict your extended abstract to two pages (including all relevant material). Depending on the number and kinds of submissions we receive, we will include some of the submitted abstracts in either the paper or the poster sessions.
The submission deadline is July 7. Please use the conference’s online submission system at:
You will be notified about the decision on your submission by August 1.
For further enquiries, please contact our conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org