As part of the 8thInternational Conference on Sustainability and Responsibility, CASM and the Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics will jointly offer a doctoral workshop for PhD students. The workshop will be held on Friday, November 16 from 10am – 4pm at the Cologne Business School.
Program Doctoral Workshop
The doctoral workshop will consist of three parts: two paper sessions and one poster session.
- 1stPaper session: Groups of three, each consisting of two PhD students and one professor, will discuss two submissions (one hour per paper). Each PhD student is expected to comment on his or her fellow student’s submission and is expected to read and work through other papers.
- Poster session: All participants will have the opportunity to learn about several PhD projects as summarized on posters.
- 2ndPaper session: The second paper session will proceed identically to the first paper session, but with reshuffled groups.
We welcome submissions in the areas of Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, Social Innovation, Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Finance, and Business Ethics. There are no restrictions on research methods, you may submit conceptual/theoretical as well as empirical work of any kind (archival, survey, experimental, qualitative).
Please choose between one of the following two submission types:
- Full manuscripts (30 pages text maximum): If you have a paper ready for submission to a journal, you may submit the manuscript and we will discuss its strengths and weaknesses, as well as ways to improve it on the way to submission. Please prepare your submission in accordance with the AMJ Style Guide.
- Extended Abstracts: If you haven’t finished a full manuscript, you may submit an extended abstract describing the objectives and methods of your project. Please restrict your extended abstract to two pages (including all relevant material). Depending on the number and kinds of submissions we receive, we will include some of the submitted abstracts in either the paper or the poster sessions.
The submission deadline is July 7, 2018. Please use the conference’s online submission system at www.international-csr.org/conference/submission. You will be notified about any decisions concerning your submission by August 1, 2018.
The workshop will be facilitated by Philipp Schreck, Ingo Pies (both Martin-Luther-University Halle- Wittenberg), René Schmidpeter (Cologne Business School), Ed Freemann (University of Virginia, Darden School of Business), Bernd Irlenbusch (University of Cologne) and Laura Marie Schons (University of Mannheim).
The participation fee is 50 Euros. The participation fee includes catering.
For further inquiries, please contact our conference team at email@example.com.